Sunday, September 21, 2008

Take a Load Off

All nerves end in the feet. For this reason all duopeds, including humans, must spend a minimum of one hour per day wearing no footwear, with their legs propped up at such an angle as to assure that the subped, or the bottom of the foot, is not in contact with any surface. This is necessary to contradict the effect of wearing shoes.

When we wear shoes of any type, particularly shoes that lace across the top, we are compressing every one of our nerve endings. Often the effects of this compression can be felt in various parts of the body. Many headaches are a direct result of compressed nerve endings in the subfoot. New shoes are uniquely over-constricting and may cause swelling of a limb or appendage, resulting occasionally in a partial loss of function, or the “I’m all thumbs” syndrome. The eyelid twitch that most people have suffered at one time or another is virtually always traceable to constrictive footwear, since the nerve endings of the eyelids can be found on the outside edge of the ball of the foot, where the most compression occurs.

The doctor-approved remedy should be clear to all. One must spend at least an hour a day (in addition to the time spent with the feet propped up) without footwear, being certain that the entire foot is free of any contact or stimulation, so that the nerve endings in the subfoot can return to their natural position and condition.

6 comments:

Heather said...

ROFL! Thank you so much for this wondermous treasure of a blog. My new favourite. Bless you!

Kimberlee said...

Hey, Peggy! What a fun surprise...and great idea! I just love it!

Nature Girl said...

you know....I had no idea! This may explain my constant headaches, chronic migraines, and that 3 month eye twitch I had...I wear shoes CONSTANTLY! I don't like things touching my feet so wear shoes alll day long...

Unknown said...

I believe in your diagnosis. Strong feet are a key part to overall body (and mind) health.

talk3talk4 said...

ThankX....Peggy...and how true...which brings me to the subject
foot reflexology...have you heard of it...Its an ancient Chinese massage.

Robert.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE being barefoot. If you're on Facebook there's a barefoot group :-)

I'm not really anonymous but can't get my Google account to work....will try to fix it.